Thursday, April 9, 2009

Catnip, I hardly knew you

Above is a picture of the remains of my second catnip plant.  As I was taking the picture, the cat ran up to me and stepped into the frame, just like a murder returning to the scene of the crime.  I can't remember who said it, but there's a quote that out there that goes "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."  So of course I went out and bought another catnip plant.  This time I'm keeping it inside.  I transplanted it into a bigger pot and I'm keeping it in my office, a room that gets the afternoon sun.  Yes, we do have two indoor cats, but I keep the door to my office closed when I'm not home so I have a bit more control over this setting than I did outdoors.  I let one of the cats in the office with me the other night and she just got really silly around the plant.  She sniffed at it, but didn't try to eat it.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! I'd recommend raising catnip from seed - it's easy to grow and once you have it, you will have it forever! No amount of kitty nibbling will make it go away. Love your polydactyl cat's toes in the shot! Those guys are good luck, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete