Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apple tree blossoms and columbine flowers

So here's a picture of the apple tree in my backyard:

In the past few days it's blossoms are opening up.  They're beautiful!  Below are some pictures of them:

Also, I have found numerous bluebell plants throughout the yard.  Here are some with lemon balm growing around them:

This is my columbine plant that I bought at the expo a couple of weeks ago.  It's flowers are opening up.  I was hoping for a blue and white star pattern, like you see on Colorado license plates, but I like this mauve color, too.

My two blueberry plants seem to be surviving so far (the new one that I just planted is the one on the left).

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. I have some friends from Oregon, and it sounds like a wonderful place. Enjoy it. I think the columbine looks like one of the double ones I bought a few years back. It is a pinkish mauve rosish looking flower--not much like native columbines at all. I bought some seeds again (McKana's Mix)this year and they are started in the GH. Columbines will reseed readily unless you use a weed preventer treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good. How big does the tree need to become before it produces apples? My very small tree is flowering. Will it yield?
    Many Thanks
    SI

    ReplyDelete